cupola : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a vertical cylindrical furnace for melting iron for casting
- n a roof in the form of a dome
- They also measured the size and strength of the cupola and the precise location of a computer installation that would eventually control the reactor's operation.
- In a glassed-in cupola atop Santa Anita's grandstand sat a man with a different view.
- They traded the off horse for equipment to build a small cupola iron foundry, kept the near horse to hoist ore to the top of the cupola.
- Soichi Noguchi in Universe Today
Space Shuttle Endeavour making S-turn during atmospheric re-entry,Noguchi wrote on his Twitpic page, where he post his space photos from Twitter, @Astro_Soichi. "The first time it was photographed from Space Station Cupola. Priceless."
- George Zamka in Florida Today (blog)
It's great to be here at the Cape,mission commander George Zamka said after the crew stepped off a Shuttle Training Aircraft around 10:10 pm "We've got Tranquility and Cupola loaded up in the space shuttle Endeavour on pad 39A, and this is...