crusty : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having a hardened crust as a covering
- s brusque and surly and forbidding
a crusty old man
- That's why Peter's crusty, good-natured reminiscences have made him the all-time second-most-subscribed-to uploader on YouTube.
- Add the bun (which, if toasted, also has a crusty exterior and a soft interior) and some cheese and condiments, and you've got a lot of flavors and textures going on.
- In 1932 his crusty father, Ibn Saud, after a series of skirmishes that ended in his defeat of Sherif Hussein of Mecca (great-grandfather of Jordan's present King Hussein .
News & Articles
- Rick Sweeney is tough, but only on the outside
Central to most boxing movies is the crusty trainer, the one who would pass for just an irascible old coot were it not for his fighter who draws us in for a closer look. We learn through Balboa that behind Mick’s rough exterior is a true softy. Maggie does the same for Frankie in “Million Dollar Baby.” Although clichés, these hard-boiled characters really are in the sport. Take Albany’s Rick ...
June 19, 2013 - The Troy Record
- American music animates Ojai North
American music animates Ojai North (Michael Tilson Thomas, who has often taken up the same thread, favors a wider and more eclectic mix.) And the interplay among the three - Ives with his crusty brand of nostalgia, Harrison with his devotion to melody and the various worlds of Asian music, and Cowell with his hymnody and Irish folk strains - proved as compelling as the performances themselves ...
June 17, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Retief Goosen in USA Today
When greens get so crusty and fast, I just tend to be able to control my stroke better on these quicker putts,Goosen said after his one-shot victory in the Transitions Championship. "I think if I putted on greens like this all year long,...
- Simon Hoggart in El Paso Times
Crusty old codgers who spend their lives steeped in policy documents smiled for the first time in years,wrote Simon Hoggart in The Guardian newspaper.
- Woody Austin in USA Today
I would say they're right there with the US Open in that they're really crusty and firm and bumpy around the hole,Austin said.