crumpet : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a thick soft cake with a porous texture; cooked on a griddle
- As for Angie, she could be a Conshohocken crumpet, the idiot spawn of two siblings, the ramshackle hovel in which Kates baby is imprisoned.
- A reclusive bachelor till his death in 1851, he was more a stodgy old crumpet than the philanderer who, several biographers have hinted, fathered five illegitimate children.
- One of Milken's favorites, an Egg McNothing, consists of a fat-free crumpet with soy cheese, vegetarian Canadian bacon and scrambled egg whites.
News & Articles
- What’s a half-cent worth to nonprofits?
CHIEFTAIN PHOTOS/FILE A cat named Crumpet lays in a container as shelter manager Jenn Barg moves another feline in the cat room at Pueblo Animal Services.
Oct. 13, 2013 - The Pueblo Chieftain
- Barbara Windsor in Sunday Mirror
Barbara says: "Tiana said to me, 'They will all hate me because of what I'm doing with Grant'. But I told her, 'They love him getting crumpet, don't you worry'."
- Maureen Lipman in Times Online
Jeffrey Archer was outperformed by his fellow auctioneer, Maureen Lipman, who was standing in for the absent Joanna Lumley: "So there's no thinking-man's crumpet here," said Maureen. "The drinking-man's bagel, that's me."
- Piers Morgan in Independent
Morgan says he and Firth have much in common: "He's handsome, courageous, debonair, intelligent, very much the thinking woman's crumpet."