cruiser : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a car in which policemen cruise the streets; equipped with radiotelephonic communications to headquarters
- n a large fast warship; smaller than a battleship and larger than a destroyer
- n a large motorboat that has a cabin and plumbing and other conveniences necessary for living on board
- But unknown to the 1,042 men aboard the Argentine warship, the cruiser-was being watched.
- Experts had written off the heavily armed, undersized "pocket battleship" after the Graf Spee was bagged by cruisers in 1939.
- Up steamed the Australian cruiser Sydney, half again as large as the Emden.
News & Articles
- Kzoo police cruiser totaled; hit by car
A police cruiser is totaled after being struck by another car in Westnedge.
June 13, 2013 - WOOD TV 8 Grand Rapids
- Kalamazoo police cruiser totaled; officer not hurt
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) - A Kalamazoo police cruiser was totaled while an officer directed traffic around downed power lines. The officer wasn't hurt. Lt. Lance Handlogten of Kalamazoo Public Safety says the officer's car was parked at an angle to help traffic avoid the power line.
June 13, 2013 - WLNS Lansing
- Police Cruiser Totaled While Routing Traffic
KALAMAZOO, Mich. — An officer who was trying to prevent drivers from heading down a dangerous road ended up having his cruiser totaled early Thursday morning. The officer had parked to block off an intersection in Westnedge Hills due to …
June 13, 2013 - FOX 17 Grand Rapids
- Uday Hussein in Scripps News
Uday Hussein writes his father in 2001 about "attacking the new Land Cruiser vehicle with the UN symbol ...... There were four American citizens including one female in the vehicle." "This study found no 'smoking gun' (ie, direct connection)...
- Kelly Ayotte in Forbes
Cpl. McKay's cruiser video confirmed for police investigating this case that in fact Mr. Kenney had discharged several shots at Cpl. McKay before running him over,Ayotte said.
- Dalton McGuinty in Toronto Star
We've all seen how dangerous drivers hit the brakes when they see a police vehicle,McGuinty said. "They won't get away with that when this plane is on patrol. By the time they see the cruiser, they've already been caught."