crudely : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a crude or unrefined manner
he was crudely bold
- r in a crude and unskilled manner
- He not only knew how to set up the board, which was crudely fashioned with a piece of plywood and a felt-tipped pen.
- The starting bid was $399, but so far the Canadian seller nicknamed "Redrum" murder spelled backwards has yet to sell the crudely drawn portrait.
- Magnetic resonance imaging is probing the brain as it operates, essentially--if crudely--reading our minds, and raising all the attendant ethical questions.
News & Articles
- Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard Victim Of Offensive Menu Slur
A fundraiser at the Liberal National Party was shrouded in controversy after its menu crudely poked fun at the current Australian prime minister, Julia Gillard. On the menu was the “Julia Gillard Kentucky Fried Quail,” which possessed “small breasts, huge thighs and a big red box.” The fundraiser was held in Brisbane back in March [...] Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard Victim Of Offensive ...
June 13, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Financial Repression Making Serfs Of The Masses
Financial repression is the technique whereby governments extract wealth from the private sector and siphon it to themselves. To the unsophisticated it is invisible. Crudely, a government makes it impossible to get a fair return for private sector capital and by doing so channels resources to itself on the cheap. A financially repressive state, led by such a government, will have an inflation ...
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Pop Artist Claes Oldenburg's Legendary Lower East Side Store Comes To MoMA (But You'll Have To Buy Your Chickenwire ...
Every Friday through Sunday in the early 1960s, the artist Claes Oldenburg worked in a shop on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. The store was stocked with everything from lingerie to blueberry pies. Prices weren't exactly competitive with those of neighboring businesses – ranging from $21.79 to $899.95 – nor were the goods up to standard. Crudely made out of painted plaster and chickenwire ...
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Alexander Downer in Herald Sun
I am not, I crudely said, your f---ing travel agent. DFAT will help you,Mr Downer responded.
- Viktor Yushchenko in Deutsche Welle
We've never been saying and never (been) crudely speaking about any option with using force to resolve the situation,Yushchenko said.
- David Cameron in Telegraph.co.uk
We should accept that we cannot impose democracy at the barrel of a gun; that we cannot drop democracy from 10,000 feet - and we shouldn't try,Mr Cameron said. "Put crudely, that was what was wrong with the 'neo-con' approach, and why I am...