crowded : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to herd, drive, or crowd together
- v fill or occupy to the point of overflowing
The students crowded the auditorium
- v to gather together in large numbers
men in straw boaters and waxed mustaches crowded the verandah
- v approach a certain age or speed
- a overfilled or compacted or concentrated
a crowded theater
a crowded program
a young mother's crowded days
- We are, in short, in one another's faces as never before, crowded into an interconnected society of global trade, migration, ideas and, yes, risk of pandemic diseases, terrorism .
- Now he has, and with a book so astoundingly great that in a fall crowded with heavyweights Richard Russo, Philip Roth Daz is a good bet to run away with the field.
- Photographer Yuri Kozyrev gets a rare glimpse into a crowded Iraqi detention center.
News & Articles
- Driver 'crowded' in WA bridge collapse
The driver of an oversized load has told investigators he felt "crowded" by a passing vehicle before striking an Interstate 5 bridge that collapsed.
June 11, 2013 - ABC 15 Phoenix
- NTSB: Driver felt 'crowded' before bridge collapse
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — The driver of an oversize load that triggered an Interstate 5 bridge collapse told investigators that he felt "crowded" by a passing vehicle and moved closer to the side of the bridge that had less clearance, according to a preliminary federal report released Tuesday.
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Crowded Nest Syndrome Day is June 12, Says Gorham Printing
Created in 2004, by Kathleen Shaputis of Olympia, Washington based on her book of the same name, designed and printed at Gorham Printing, Crowded Nest Syndrome Day brings awareness to the ever-growing condition across the country of returning adult children. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10813107.htm
June 10, 2013 - PRWeb
- Thierry Henry in Independent
In yesterday's 220-word statement, Henry said that his handball in the build-up to William Gallas' goal had been "an instinctive reaction to a ball that was coming extremely fast in a crowded penalty area".
- Gordon Brown in The Australian
The first duty of a government is the security and safety of all the British people,Brown said. "So it is right to raise the levels of security at airports and in crowded places in the light of the heightened threat."
- Peter Vallone in 1010 Wins
We now face longer commutes, more crowded commutes and more transfers,he said. "All because the MTA is unable to run a business and because Albany took away funding from the MTA."