cross-index : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a reference at one place in a work to information at another place in the same work
- v make an index that refers from one point to the next
These references are cross-indexed
- The new Great Books set will include introductory essays by Hutchins, Mortimer Adler, Carl Van Doren, Stringfellow Barr, plus a cross-index of the world's great ideas and idea-men.
- Meanwhile, I'm happy to report that the Nomad can not only alphabetize tracks but cross-index by album, artist and genre.
- In addition to telephone guidance, Call for Action has assembled and published a neatly tabbed book listing 18 of the city's agencies, with a cross-index linking each problem .