- n a staff surmounted by a crook or cross carried by bishops as a symbol of pastoral office
- With all the solemnity that bespeaks the age-old traditions of the Church, the Apostolic Delegate, Monsignor Ildebrando Antoniutti, bestowed upon him the crosier, symbolic of his .
- An overflow crowd of worshipers last week watched the 46-year-old bishop enter San Francisco's Grace Cathedral at the end of the procession, carrying his golden crosier and .
- Three papal bulls were read and Archbishop Mooney knelt in prayer until the Apostolic Delegate led him to the throne, placed a crosier (crook) in his hand.
News & Articles
- San Joaquin diocese celebrates return of Turlock church property
Episcopalians resume services June 9 at St. Francis Episcopal Church in Turlock, California. Photo: Al Galicia [Episcopal News Service] With the rap of his crosier on the church door and a trumpet fanfare, San Joaquin Bishop Chet Talton on June 9 formally ushered in the future of St. Francis Episcopal Church in Turlock. “We’re moving forward with mission, ministry and the work of reconciliation ...
June 11, 2013 - Worldwide Faith News