- a marked by a tendency to find and call attention to errors and flaws
a critical attitude
- a at or of a point at which a property or phenomenon suffers an abrupt change especially having enough mass to sustain a chain reaction
a critical temperature of water is 100 degrees C--its boiling point at standard atmospheric pressure
- a characterized by careful evaluation and judgment
a critical reading
a critical dissertation
a critical analysis of Melville's writings
- s urgently needed; absolutely necessary
a critical element of the plan
critical medical supplies
- s forming or having the nature of a turning point or crisis
a critical point in the campaign
the critical test
- a being in or verging on a state of crisis or emergency
a critical shortage of food
a critical illness
an illness at the critical stage
- a of or involving or characteristic of critics or criticism
- Opinion Columnist - Opinion editorials and critical essays encompassing all areas of the news media from the pages of PTI Magazine.
- The biggest document, with the most new detail, is a 2004 report by the CIA Inspector General (CIA IG) that is highly critical of the CIA's enhanced interrogation program.
- The wires report today that China's social security minister admitted unemployment is a critical problem (AFP report here).
News & Articles
- Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Market Worth $105.95 Billion by 2018
DALLAS, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The need for increasing the agility of a business process, along with cost control measures is playing a cardinal role in shaping the future of Critical Infrastructure ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Critical Diagnostics' Biomarker ST2 Included in the 2013 ACC/AHA Guidelines for the Management of Heart Failure
Critical Diagnostics announced today that the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force jointly released its expanded clinical practice guidel
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Critical Outcome Technologies Inc.: Promising Advance for Many Common Cancers
Critical Outcome Technologies Inc. announces positive results from experiments carried out with its lead cancer drug candidate, COTI-2, in the cancer research laboratories of Gordon Mills, M.D., Ph.D. ...
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance