- a determining or having the power to determine an outcome
cast the decisive vote
two factors had a decisive influence
- s unmistakable
had a decisive lead in the polls
- a characterized by decision and firmness
an able and decisive young woman
we needed decisive leadership
she gave him a decisive answer
- s forming or having the nature of a turning point or crisis
- What's harder to pin down are the slower but more decisive motions that make the great arcs of history.
- Germany scored the decisive goal just before halftime.
- Ramaphosa's decision to leave politics was characteristic: decisive, bold and imaginative.
News & Articles
- Bloomfield primary winners shift focus to fall vote
Fresh off decisive primary victories, Bloomfield Republican and Democratic council candidates are gearing up for the November General Election.
June 13, 2013 - The Record
- Diamondbacks-Dodgers Preview
While tensions could still be being running hot between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Los Angeles Dodgers in their decisive series finale, it might not be enough to overshadow a potentially stellar matchup between two of the NL's top pitchers.
June 13, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- SoftBank Looks Closer To Bagging Sprint But Clearwire's Fate Is Still Unclear
The fight for Sprint seems to have taken a decisive turn away from Dish Network with SoftBank?s improved bid for the carrier receiving unanimous backing from not only Sprint?s board but also its largest shareholder.
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- David Petraeus in Washington Post
...a letter to NATO soldiers and civilians in Afghanistan, a gesture he also made when he took over command of US troops in Iraq in 2007, Petraeus wrote, "We must never forget that the decisive terrain in Afghanistan is the human terrain."
- President Bush in CTV.ca
Every member of Congress and every American should keep in mind that a vote for this bill is a vote to prevent economic damage to you and your community,Bush said of the emergency rescue bill. "With this strong and decisive legislation we...
- James Billington in SW Iowa News
It shows the progress of his mind. This was a decisive moment,Billington said. "We recovered a magic moment that was otherwise lost to history."