- n (criminal law) an act punishable by law; usually considered an evil act
a long record of crimes
- n an evil act not necessarily punishable by law
crimes of the heart
- More guns, less crime? A debate.
- As crime rates fall, public anxiety is rising.
- Anthony (Fat Tony) Salerno, 75, the reputed head of the Genovese crime family, sits aloof and alone, his left eye red and swollen from surgery.
- President Bush in USA Today
Earlier, in a brief statement, Bush said "the US strongly condemns this cowardly act by murderous extremists who are trying to undermine Pakistan's democracy. Those who committed this crime must be brought to justice."
- David Paterson in msnbc.com
Gov. David Paterson said the massacre was probably "the worst tragedy and senseless crime in the history of this city."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in USA Today
We may be dealing with a 17th-century crime, but we need to bring 21st-century assets to bear,Clinton said.