- n severe hypothyroidism resulting in physical and mental stunting
- Shortages of vitamin A, iron and iodine in India and Bangladesh are increasing the incidenceespecially among the youngof goiter, blindness and cretinism.
- With such intellectual cretinism and moral depravity ruling this world, it is a bleak future we face.
- A celebration of rapacious consumption and institutional cretinism, more like.
- Gerald Durrell in Al-Ahram Weekly
In December 1936, Durrell wrote to the American writer Henry Miller about this book: "Have planned the heraldic book, but lack reference books on psychology, the pathology of childhood, cretinism, genius, etc. LET US KILL THE LITERARY MEN ONCE AND...