creosote : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a colorless or yellowish oily liquid obtained by distillation of wood tar; used as an antiseptic
- n a dark oily liquid obtained by distillation of coal tar; used as a preservative for wood
- v treat with creosote
- The view from the top of Yucca Mountain in Nevada sweeps down past hillsides tangled with creosote bush to the rocky, sun-baked desert floor, with Las Vegas about 90 miles to the .
- In a report issued in March, the committee said hydrogen sulfide in plant waste water and creosote used to protect nearby trees caused the residents' illnesses.
- Monday's violence was sporadic, minora few bricks heaved, a few trucks upset, some creosote bombs tossed through windows in Oakland.