crawler : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage
- n a person who crawls or creeps along the ground
- n terrestrial worm that burrows into and helps aerate soil; often surfaces when the ground is cool or wet; used as bait by anglers
- He revealed a second part of his strategy through his acquisition from Looksmart of the curiously named Grub, an open source distributed search crawler index.
- And the tower's heights are unlimited, while the crawler can rise no higher than 35 stories without danger of toppling.
- When the crawler next emerges from the assembly building with a cargo, it will be carrying a complete and checked-out Saturn 5 scheduled to be shot into sub-orbital flight early .
News & Articles
- Google Wants to Come Clean About Spying for the Feds
In a letter posted to Google's company blog Tuesday afternoon and addressed to the attorney general and the FBI director hours earlier, the head lawyer for the world's leading information crawler has asked the U.S. government for permission to publish the number of top-secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act requests it receives from the nation's spy agencies and beyond each year. ...
June 11, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Silicon Valley Wants to Come Clean on Government Spy Requests
In a letter to to the attorney general and the FBI director, the head lawyer for the world's leading information crawler has asked the U.S. government for permission to publish the number of top-secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act requests it receives from the nation's spy agencies and beyond each year. It represented a shot across the bow from Silicon Valley, or at least an attempt to ...
June 11, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire
- Joe Biden in The Hill (blog)
The president does not view this as a humanitarian mission with a life cycle of a month,Biden told the crowd, according to a pool report of the event. "This will still be on our radar screen long after it's off the crawler at CNN. This is...
- Ken Ham in UPI.com
Riding the crawler last night was absolutely fantastic,said Cmdr. Ken Ham.
- Stewart Gull in Telegraph.co.uk
The perpetrator may be a client, he may be a kerb crawler,said Mr Gull. "However insignificant, I would encourage them to get into contact with us."