- n neckwear worn in a slipknot with long ends overlapping vertically in front
- Designed by AM penman William Towns undoubtedly wearing a very large cravat at the time the Lagonda was as beautiful a car as ever resembled a pencil box.
- Wearing Pope Pius IX's Order of the Golden Spur over his white cravat, his immaculate dress coat clanking with his other medals, his "shapely white hands" encased in doeskin .
- POTUS, in a light blue cravat, looking around a bit, smiled, shrugged slightly but otherwise ignored shouted Q's from pool asking what was on agenda and whether it included any .
- John Wilkes Booth in USA Today
In the letter, dated Feb. 9, 1865, John Wilkes Booth asks a friend to send him a picture of himself "with cane & black cravat" - the one later used in his wanted poster.
- Kurt Cobain in PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung)
According to Britain's The Sun newspaper, Love - the widow of Nirvana's Kurt Cobain - told a friend: "He was delicious. I gave him a cravat as a present."