- n an intense desire for some particular thing
- v have a craving, appetite, or great desire for
- v plead or ask for earnestly
- Do you have foods you crave? Chocolate, perhaps? Potato chips? Cheeseburgers? Food cravings are common and problematic, because they can lead to overeating that undermines health .
- Almost daily, I get chocolate cravings.
- Defining an addiction can be as difficult as breaking the habbits that satisfy your endless cravings.
News & Articles
- Michelle Tea Adds a Dash of Salt to Her Fairy Tale
Mermaid in Chelsea Creek imbues the author's grimy hometown — and her teenage protagonist — with magical possibilities. by Azeen Ghorayshi Thirteen-year-old Sophie Swankowski can't seem to satisfy her craving for salt. She unscrews the caps on salt shakers and dumps mounds of the tiny crystals into her mouth, fiendishly adds it to her cereal, and in one desperate moment goes so far as to dunk ...
June 12, 2013 - East Bay Express
- Can This App Convince You To Stop Smoking (And Make Better Decisions)?
Craving To Quit hopes to teach its users a little bit of mindfulness, which might help them on their quest to end addiction. Judson Brewer , a psychiatry professor at Yale, claims to have located a "unique brain region that is activated when you get in your own way." He thinks it’s responsible for people choking at golf, or falling over hurdles at the Olympics . And, he says by focusing on it ...
June 11, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- These Were Your Parents' Sports 'Video Games'
It's a rainy Saturday in 1974, and Jimmy's Little League game has been postponed. What is a sports-craving 14-year-old to do? Hey Jimmy, why not fire up the PS3 and pop in MLB: The Show ? Fire up the what? Oh wait, that's right, even the original PlayStation won't hit the market for another 19 years. Xbox? Got a 26-year wait for that one. Wii won't come along for another five years after that ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Tara Conner in FOXNews
I'm an alcoholic. It was a craving thing - once I put it in my body, I would start craving more,says Conner, who notes she drank heavily but wasn't "getting sloppy drunk and dancing on tables."
- Kate Winslet in phillyBurbs.com
As the years were going by, the idea of working together again, I was craving it more and more,Winslet said. "Very selfishly, I felt it has to be the right thing, because I want to be on the set with him every day. I want to spend as much...
- Sarah Palin in Reuters
I do respect your years in the US Senate, but I think Americans are craving something new and different,Palin told Biden.