crackpot : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a whimsically eccentric person
- This is not a crackpot church.
- Chennault lectured them at blackboards, took them aloft to show them what he wanted: not individual heroes, but everlasting teamwork; no crackpot do-or-die attacks, but slashing .
- Once again, Queen Juliana's weakness for the preternatural had landed her back in the headlines: she had invited to the palace a crackpot from California who numbered among his .
News & Articles
- Review: 'This is the End': Armageddon, Rogen style
Corral some of your acting buddies. Cast them as caricatures of themselves. Whip up a screenplay about Armageddon, focusing it on the antics of said goofballs. Sounds like a recipe for another major comic disaster, right? Surprise. "This is the End" is one of the brassiest crackpot comedies in years.
June 11, 2013 - LA.com
- Peter Tatchell in Gay.com
The Gambian leader, Yahya Jammeh, has a long history of homophobia and has promoted crackpot cures for HIV,Tatchell said in a press release. "He'll have to kill an awful lot of Gambians and foreign aid workers and tourists to get rid of...
- Bonilla in Seattle Times
This takes the power away from any partisan crackpot district attorney who may want to indictparty leaders and make a name for himself, Bonilla said.
- Alexander Downer in The Australian
The old crackpot conspiracy theories,Mr Downer told ABC television's Lateline. "The Government didn't make any decision until 2003 to participate in the overthrow of Saddam Hussein's regime and the military buildup ...... wasn't even until...