- n the crisp residue left after lard has been rendered
- n the residue that remains after animal fat has been rendered
- n the sharp sound of snapping noises
- v make a crackling sound
- v make a crushing noise
- v to become, or to cause to become, covered with a network of small cracks
- In Scramble, danced to the electronic whoops and cracklings of Composer Toshi Ichiyanagi's Activities for Orchestra, Cunningham and his eight dancers barefoot, as usual, and in .
- Strictly for strong stomachs is the Sunday morning breakfast of fish and brewis (boiled hardtack) with pork cracklings.
- Out of a loudspeaker, mixed with cracklings, hums and silences, came the voices of Bridgeman and Yeager.
News & Articles
- Recipe: Cracklings
Puffed and savory, cracklings are good for snacking or garnishing other dishes.
Sept. 18, 2013 - The Oneida Daily Dispatch