crackling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the residue that remains after animal fat has been rendered
- n the sharp sound of snapping noises
- v make a crackling sound
- v make a crushing noise
- v to become, or to cause to become, covered with a network of small cracks
- She gives us wartime gloom, the crackling three-sided chemistry of Harry and Ron and Hermione, and an epic, cataclysmic finale, among many other minor treats.
- There's nothing like a crackling fire made from good old-fashioned firewood.
- But within hours of Rice's arrival, TV news was crackling with word of it, and soon thereafter a volley of mortars fell on the Green Zone in an obvious message from Rice's .
News & Articles
- Review: 'The East'
The Eastis a crackling good political thriller, made in the spirit of some of the best espionage films and exposing-the-truth motion pictures. Its themes of eco-terrorism and whistleblowers make it feel immediate like few recent dramas.
June 21, 2013 - Tulsa World
- Roeper: Recalling the genius of James Gandolfini
It’s impossible to imagine any list of the 10 most memorable TV characters of all time that wouldn’t include Tony Soprano. James Gandolfini, who died of a heart attack in Italy at the age of 51, was a versatile actor who delivered outstanding character work in films such as “True Romance,” “Get Shorty” and “The Last Castle.” He delivered a crackling performance as Leon Panetta in a few key ...
June 20, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Analysis: Hezbollah takes Syrian centre-stage, yet remains in shadows
By Dominic Evans BEIRUT (Reuters) - The voice crackling over the Hezbollah radios was clear and authoritative, and the guerrillas poised to attack the Syrian border town of Qusair recognized it immediately. "As I promised you victory before, I pledge you victory now," Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said, launching a battle in which his fighters decisively defeated rebels trying to ...
June 18, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- John Boehner in SI.com
Summer nights in Cincinnati will never be the same again without the voice of the ol' left-hander crackling over the airwaves,US Rep. John Boehner of Ohio said in a statement. "To millions, even those who never met Joe in person, his voice...
- Ramnaresh Sarwan in Jamaica Gleaner
When I fell I heard a crackling sound but I am happy that there is no fracture,Sarwan said from his hotel room in Leeds yesterday.