coy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s affectedly modest or shy especially in a playful or provocative way
- s showing marked and often playful or irritating evasiveness or reluctance to make a definite or committing statement
a politician coy about his intentions
- s modestly or warily rejecting approaches or overtures
like a wild young colt, very inquisitive but very coy and not to be easily cajoled
- She has moved from being coy about her plans to being less coy about running for governor.
- The coyest and most courted region in the 1968 election season is the South.
- Rowling has been coy about giving hints concerning Hallows (she once mentioned that the last word is scar, although that may change), but we can be sure that she will continue to .
News & Articles
- AppNexus CEO Says IPO Could Be Dependent On Timing Or Acquisition Prospects
As usual, O'Kelley was coy, neither confirming nor denying his plans. His main goal, he says, is to build a great company and he feels no pressure to sell.
June 12, 2013 - Business Insider
- Manny Pacquiao Will Take Less Money to Fight Floyd Mayweather
Manny Pacquiao has wanted to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. ever since his loss to Timothy Bradley, and he’s no longer trying to be coy about it. Prior to suffering his first defeat in seven years, the Filipino star was a little hot-and-cold in regards to a super fight against his only legitimate equal in the sport. He was down to fight Mayweather if the price was right, but he wasn’t willing to ...
June 12, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Secrets of Swim: Mystery Model Photos, Day 3
The slow burn continues. Another day of shoots for the 2014 SI Swimsuit Issue (see days 1 and 2), another coy photo from swimsuit editor MJ Day. Do you have any way of knowing who’s in the photo, or where it was taken? No. Does it matter? You tell us.
June 11, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Lance Armstrong in International Herald Tribune
I want to say I'm not trying to be coy; I'm not playing games with them (the Tour) or with fans or with media. I simply don't know,Armstrong said Tuesday during wind tunnel testing at the San Diego Air & Space Technology Center. "I'm not...
- Sharman Stone in Sydney Morning Herald
It's a case of the minister being coy. It's important to be transparent. Australians are very sympathetic and welcoming and I am surprised that Minister Evans is keeping a little veil of secrecy around this,Dr Stone said.
- Ashley Tisdale in FOXNews
Tisdale says she decided to talk about her surgery because she "didn't want to play a game of denying it or being coy."