- v cover with or as with a cowl
- s having the head enclosed in a cowl or hood
a cowled monk
- Just before I awoke, feverish and gasping, I noticed a cowled figure Who beckoned slowly to me, and with a gaunt finger pointed into Lovecraft's open sepulcher.
- As the cowled figure grinned and gibbered, I saw his unmistakable prognathous jaw and wide, habitually surprised eyes.
- A company of pallid medical students in an overlighted surgical theatre, peering round-eyed, in sadistic ecstasy, while an instructor surgeon, cowled and gloved, removed and .
News & Articles
- How Every Game Developer Has Gotten Spider-Man Wrong
If the Batman Arkham games proved anything, it's that comic book-based video games can be highly polished AAA titles in addition to their fan service. Batman: Arkham City could have starred an unlicensed character named Jimmy the Cowled Owl and it still would have been an amazing game. However, those games were great because Rocksteady took DC's fiction and incorporated elements from the Batman ...
April 24, 2014 - Game Informer