- s contrary to what common sense would suggest
- The report, published in Behavioral Neuroscience, presents some counterintuitive findings: Animals fed with artificially sweetened yogurt over a two-week period consumed more .
- Here's one for the annals of counterintuitive findings: When asked to contemplate the occasion of their own demise, people become happier than usual, instead of sadder, according .
- It also represents the victory of a business model every bit as counterintuitive as Radiohead's.
News & Articles
- Bauer Launching Three New Titles
In a counterintuitive move given the sorry state of newsstand sales , Bauer Publishing, the company behind single-copy staples like Woman’s World, In Touch and Life & Style Weekly, is launching three new newsstand magazines: women’s weekly Closer, tween title Girl’s World, and Celebrate with Woman’s World. All three are set to launch in the second half of the year. Closer, the biggest of the ...
June 17, 2013 - AdWeek
- Counterintuitive? Healthy snack reformulation claims are decreasing, Mintel
Claims like low sodium, low fat and low calorie on snacks are decreasing which seems counterintuitive given action is being taken by manufacturers, said the director of innovation and insights at Mintel.
June 14, 2013 - Food Navigator USA
- Jeb Bush Isn't Quite Right About 'Fertile' Immigrants... Because of TV
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said immigration reform would help America in a speech at the Faith and Freedom Conference on Friday, saying, "Immigrants are more fertile, and they love families, and they have more intact families, and they bring a younger population." The fertile-immigrants argument seemed a little off-key, in part because it's a counterintuitive strategy for selling immigration ...
June 14, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Sky Dayton in FOX News
If you want to search, you want to search. The idea that you have to bring up a search box I think is counterintuitive,said Sky Dayton, Helio's chief executive.
- Antonin Scalia in Seattle Post Intelligencer
With understandable asperity, Scalia said: "The notion that this modest limitation upon an extraordinary benefit violates the First Amendment is, to say the least, counterintuitive."
- Ralph Nader in FOXNews
I have no idea,said Nader. "You have to ask the pollsters. It really is counterintuitive."