counterpoised : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v constitute a counterweight or counterbalance to
- s brought into equipoise by means of a weight or force that offsets another
- Every shot of the kids going to school, of Michelle making an appearance, of the President meeting with a world leader will be counterpoised, consciously or not, with a history of .
- Aided by La Scala's magnificent sets, the opera builds from that point to a dramatic third-act climax in which Blanche's calm recitation of Deo Patri Sit Gloria is counterpoised .
News & Articles
- Twin Shadow Playing Boulevard Pool
The best New Wave was, and still is, posited on contrast, the chilly, detached feel of electronic instruments counterpoised with very human emotional bloodletting. Twin Shadow, aka George Lewis Jr., sings soulfully, beautifully and with great warmth,
June 27, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal