coughing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a sudden noisy expulsion of air from the lungs that clears the air passages; a common symptom of upper respiratory infection or bronchitis or pneumonia or tuberculosis
- v exhale abruptly, as when one has a chest cold or congestion
- Frequent coughing early on helped neither his arguments nor his image.
- Three times she brought the trial to a halt by swooning, once coughing up blood to the shock of the courtroom.
- If you are calling for general swine flu information but aren't feverish or coughing, the recorded message directs, "Please hang up.
News & Articles
- Microsoft gives the US government early exploit info (and why it makes sense)
This is the last thing conspiracy theorists want to read so hot on the heels of that PRISM scandal. According to two inside sources, Microsoft is coughing up details on zero-day exploits to…
June 14, 2013 - Geek.com
- Pedro Strop would prefer if the home fans stop booing him
Orioles reliever Pedro Strop has been struggling, allowing eight runs in his last four appearances, and he was booed off the mound by the home fans last night after coughing up four runs while recording one out. Afterward he talked about being bothered by the boos, telling Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun: I heard…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- Jury finds 'Cartoon' Herrera guilty of 2009 murder in Rockford
ROCKFORD — Kerry Davis identified his killer in the final moments of his life, whispering “Toon shot me” as blood filled his lungs. Or, those words were never spoken because Davis couldn’t speak. He was coughing up too much blood.
June 14, 2013 - Rockford Register Star
- Brendan Hansen in SI.com
I was coughing all night the other night,Hansen said. "But I was watching from the pool deck the last couple of nights and it was better. Once we got that (message) out, they got it taken care of real fast."
- Sidney Crosby in USA Today
We had the lead the last couple of games and we let it slide,Crosby said. "We can't keep coughing it up, especially when we were going back and forth." "We played hard to get the lead, and tried to keep it, but just couldn't."