cough : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a sudden noisy expulsion of air from the lungs that clears the air passages; a common symptom of upper respiratory infection or bronchitis or pneumonia or tuberculosis
- v exhale abruptly, as when one has a chest cold or congestion
The smoker coughs all day
- The worst thing for a cough may be cough medicine, says the Medical Letter, a biweekly newsletter edited by physicians for physicians.
- And, occasionally, her garbage can (one of his chores was allowing his sister to spit cough drops into his palm).
- Besides coughing out guest verses for seemingly anyone who asked, he sometimes recorded three songs in a night and gave them away on the Internet minutes later on a series of .
News & Articles
- Whooping cough reported in SD schools
Four cases of whooping cough were reported at four San Diego County school sites, and students and staff may have been exposed, San Diego County health officials said Friday.
June 15, 2013 - KGTV San Diego
- 4 cases of whooping cough reported at San Diego schools
Four cases of whooping cough were reported at four San Diego County school sites, and students and staff may have been exposed, county health officials said.
June 15, 2013 - Channel 8 San Diego
- Whooping cough's resurgence explained
Resurgent outbreaks of whooping cough in the United States and much of the developed world have drawn a flurry of research to understand why the vaccine-controlled disease, pertussis, is making a comeback.
June 14, 2013 - Sioux City Journal
- Andy Roddick in Montreal Gazette
Roddick mocked Djokovic at a post-match press conference, saying of his injuries: "A back and a hip? And a cramp. Bird Flu ... anthrax...... SARS... common cough and cold. If it's there, it's there. There's just a lot. He's either quick to call a...
- Bruce Bochy in San Francisco Chronicle
You can't say enough about the grit they played with,Bochy said of his men. "Anytime you cough up a lead like that, it's disheartening, but they didn't show it. They came right back and retook the lead. There's a lot of fight in this...
- Ronald Reagan in Reuters
As Baltimore's Health Commissioner, Dr. Sharfstein has been recognized as a national leader for his efforts to protect children from unsafe over-the-counter cough and cold medications. And he's designed an award-winning program to ensure that... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN14328364&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFw0z83m4vaUmOKSjek7XJbLKU7wA Mar 14, 2009
22795 30616 coughing After being shoved to the floor of his car by a Secret Service agent, Reagan wrote, I sat up on the edge of the seat almost paralyzed by pain. Then I began coughing up blood which made both of us think -- yes, I had broken a rib & it had punctured...