costs : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n pecuniary reimbursement to the winning party for the expenses of litigation
- n the total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
- n the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold)
- n value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something
- v be priced at
- v require to lose, suffer, or sacrifice
- A new analysis suggests that mental illness costs society nearly $200 billion a year in lost earnings and that is just the tip of the iceberg.
- PTI Magazine: Who's to blame for outrageous prescription drug costs and what we can do about it.
- I am tempted to ask if 38 basis points will make all the difference, but, of course, the issue is not just what a mortgage costs, but who can get it.
News & Articles
- Costs, Fewer Imports Eat Into Smithfield Profits
Pork producer Smithfield Foods Inc.'s profit sank nearly 63 percent in the fourth quarter as feed costs rose and its exports to China and Russia declined. The Smithfield, Va.-based company, whose brands include Armour, Farmland and its namesake, said Friday it earned $29.7 million, or 21 cents per share, for the period that ended April 28. That's down from $79.5 million, or 49 cents per share, a ...
June 15, 2013 - The Lakeland Ledger
- Food, gas costs rise, but otherwise inflation is mild
A rise in food and gas costs drove a measure of wholesale prices up sharply in May. But outside those volatile categories, inflation was mild.
June 15, 2013 - Tacoma News Tribune
- Spring flood costs add up
The costs from our spring flooding after the late thaw continue to tally up. Today FEMA and North Dakota Emergency Management officials met in Grafton to talk damage.
June 15, 2013 - WDAZ 8 Grand Forks
- Bart Stupak in Charlotte Observer
Quite frankly, BP blew it,Stupak said. "You cut corners to save costs."
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
I have no interest in having a bill get passed that fails,Obama said. "And if people look and say, 'You know what? This hasn't reduced my costs. My premiums are still going up 25%, insurance companies are still jerking me around' -- I'm...
- President Bush in Chicago Tribune
Americans could use this money as they see fit - to help meet theirmonthly bills, cover higher costs at the gas pump or pay for other basicnecessities,Bush said in a brief statement from the Roosevelt Room of theWhite House. "Letting...