cortex : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the layer of unmyelinated neurons (the grey matter) forming the cortex of the cerebrum
- n the tissue forming the outer layer of an organ or structure in plant or animal
- n the tissue that surrounds the lens nucleus
- For what the TMS revealed was that the region of motor cortex that controls the piano-playing fingers also expanded in the brains of volunteers who imagined playing the music--just .
- The cortex, or outer layer of gray matter--which is responsible for such things as planning movement and suppressing inappropriate thoughts or actions--thickens from back to front .
- The lag was most obvious in the prefrontal cortex, the study found, the area of the brain critical to cognitive functions like memory, attention focusing, higher-order motor .
News & Articles
- Cortex Announces Partnership With Coupa Software
Cortex Business Solutions , an e-invoicing and e-billing leader, has partnered with Coupa Software, the industry leader in spend management solutions, to bring new finance applications and capabilities ...
June 18, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Atmel launches New ARM Cortex-M0+ MCU family
The SAM D20 from Atmel Corporation is the first series in a new family of embedded Flash microcontrollers based on the ARM Cortex-M0+ processor core.
June 18, 2013 - Embedded Systems Design
- Cortex Reports Network Statistics for the Month of May 2013
Cortex Business Solutions Inc. reports the following network statistic updates for the month of May 2013. This report is issued by the second Thursday of each month.
June 13, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Pasko Rakic in The Age
Proper migration of neurons during development is essential for normal development of the cerebral cortex and its function,Dr Pasko Rakic, chair of the Department of Neurobiology at Yale, said in a statement. "We have observed that a small...
- Glenn in Reuters
The ARM Cortex-A5 processor is the ideal solution for fast, efficient multicore systems so it is a perfect complement to Mentor`s Multi-OS on multicore embedded software solutions,said Glenn Perry, embedded systems division general manager,...
- Nancy Kanwisher in Science Daily (press release)
But these distortions happened too quickly to result from structural changes in the cortex,Kanwisher explained. "So we think the connections were already there but were silent, and that the brain is constantly recalibrating the connections...