- n a state of deterioration in metals caused by oxidation or chemical action
- n erosion by chemical action
- Preventing corrosion in oil and gas lines isn't only necessary.
- The salvagers wanted to save the hull and especially the Diesel "engines from seawater corrosion.
- Marc Edwards, a Virginia Tech civil-engineering professor and water-corrosion expert, is determined to answer that question.
News & Articles
- NRC still seeking why spot at NC nuke plant missed
An outside contractor hired to look for flaws in a Duke Energy nuclear reactor near Raleigh last year missed a quarter-inch spot of corrosion and cracking near the reactor core that forced a full shutdown ...
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Care For Your Battery Today So It Can Care For You Later
Batteries wear out for many reasons, including age, extreme conditions, corrosion, frequent short trips and long periods of no use, but they rarely die overnight. (NAPS)
June 14, 2013 - Brenham Banner-Press
- Battery Corrosion Guard Emphasizes Its Wide Range of Uses
Battery Corrosion Guard initiates a campaign this month through advertising to highlight its many uses. There is more to this great product than just applying it to a car battery, and the company would like people to know about it. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10814325.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Joe Biden in FOXNews
It is corrosive to American society,Biden said. "It's awfully hard to build anything with that kind of corrosion."
- John Lennon in Minneapolis Star Tribune
We're not being unrealistic,Lennon said. "The sub has been underwater for 15 months. There's been corrosion. There's been deterioration. We just don't know how much."
- Bill Nelson in New York Times
Senator Bill Nelson, a Florida Democrat who has been critical of the government's response, said on Monday that he was "disappointed the government is taking too long to establish whether there is a link between drywall, corrosion and health...