corrida : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a Spanish or Portuguese or Latin American spectacle; a matador baits and (usually) kills a bull in an arena before many spectators
- Last week Spain's greatest season of the corrida in a generation came to a great climax.
- Spanish bullfighter Jose Mari Manzanares performs a pass to his bull during a corrida at the "Senor de los Milagros" festival at Lima's Acho bullfighting stadium.
- This summer, for the first time in its 51-year history, the state-run Spanish Television Corporation (TVE) has not broadcast a single corrida.
News & Articles
- Costa Rica: Where the bull wins the fight
In Costa Rican bullfighting, the crowd's favorite has four legsTONIGHT — A SUNDAY night in March — the townspeople of the fishing village of Garza, Costa Rica, will empty out of the local Catholic church and congregate in a nearby field for an affair held in equal regard. They call it a corrida, which literally means "run." What it actually means here is rodeo — and these events largely resemble ...
July 21, 2013 - The Week via Yahoo! News