- n a Spanish or Portuguese or Latin American spectacle; a matador baits and (usually) kills a bull in an arena before many spectators
- One day, as he walked through a bullfight crowd with a portable microphone, he held out the mike to a stranger, who said, "You are a stupid bastard.
- Chief attractions were 1) a bullfight and 2) a comedian.
- The atmosphere was very much that of a bullfight: once the contestants were released onto the course, nobody was quite sure what they would do.
News & Articles
- Bull Breaks Loose on Highway
Drivers in Athens County were doing a double-take as an impromptu bullfight unfolded before them.
June 18, 2013 - WSAZ NewsChannel 3 West Virginia
- Juan Belmonte in International Herald Tribune
Once that game starts, France will do everything in its power to win this last group-stage match. It (France's problems) should not be considered by us as a positive aspect. Not in any way. There is a saying in Spanish: to talk about a bullfight is... Carlos Alberto Parreira http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Alberto_Parreira&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEMGvMmjI_J4FPh8UJrmYGSPDhC2g The Canadian Press http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5g-a3LFssmZ-fvxP1j3ighD4PgrVw&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFxWngIAeilFf5zcmZrXEpnRjA3sQ Jun 21, 2010
13445 18266 bullfight It is the bullfight of the year, and also the bullfighting news story of the year," said Juan Belmonte, veteran critic for TV station Canal Sur in Seville.
- Jose Guillen in Gary Post Tribune
I don't know much about Lee, I don't know what kind of kid he is,Guillen said. "But CC doesn't care (about pressure). CC can pitch in a bullfight ring and he's going to pitch the same. I don't know about Lee, I don't him personally, but I...