corpse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the dead body of a human being
the end of the police search was the discovery of a corpse
- Ben Barka's corpse was never found, nor were his suspected murderers.
- The Russians, having mistaken another corpse for Hitler's, at first buried the two bodies, but unearthed them again when a Soviet counterintelligence officer had second thoughts.
- Finally, in May, a battered, mutilated little corpse was found by the side of the road, not far from the Lindberghs' home.
News & Articles
- Corpse flower, known for smell of rotten flesh, is still on the rise
CHICO — Almost 60 inches and counting. The giant corpse flower at Chico State University grew 3 inches Wednesday and 21Ú2 inches the day before.
June 15, 2013 - Chico Enterprise-Record
- Not all Flowers Smell Nice
Can a flower smell like a rotting corpse? It can, and that's why it's called the Corspe Flower. And it is expected to bloom in Binghamton University's greenhouse very soon. The flower was donated to the university in 2007, and has not bloomed for three years. Its name comes from the strong odor that is released when it is in full bloom. "They feel like it does smell like a giant rotting corpse ...
June 14, 2013 - FOX 40 Binghamton
- Monticello man tells authorities corpse under house was his mother
Sean Rossman Democrat staff writer -- A Monticello man told authorities that the corpse found underneath his house was that of his mother.
June 13, 2013 - Tallahassee Democrat
- John McCain in CNN
It is a serious error on the part of Sen. Obama that shows naivetÃ© and inexperience and lack of judgment to say that he wants to sit down across the table from an individual who leads a country who says that Israel is a stinking corpse,...
- Efraim Zuroff in BBC News
There's no body, no corpse, no DNA, no grave,Efraim Zuroff, the centre's leading Nazi hunter, told AP agency.
- Donald Rumsfeld in FOXNews
I went down that next day and said, 'Fine, if you want to savage this thing, fine, I'll give you the corpse,'Rumsfeld said on Nov. 18, 2002, according to Defense Department transcripts of a speech he delivered.