cadaver : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the dead body of a human being
the cadaver was intended for dissection
- Unlike the patient's own skin, cadaver skin is soon rejected by the immune system, which recognizes it as foreign.
- A cadaver yields far more blood than a walking donor: the Pontiac investigators have drawn as many as three pints from a grown man; the Russians say they get as many as eight pints.
- Cornell's Staiano-Coico was part of the first research team to report success with grafts grown in culture from bits of cadaver skin, and describes them as "biological Band-Aids to .
- Michael Musto in Reuters Canada
It's incredible melodrama, all these people sort of feeding off the cadaver ...... it's going to go on for months and months. At least we hope so,said Michael Musto, entertainment columnist at the Village Voice.
- Jimmy Lee in The Times
They are cadaver dogs. We'll have them go through the back yard,Jimmy Lee, the Contra Costa sheriff, told reporters.