coronal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes
- Plasma from coronal holes may well have triggered the geomagnetic storms that crippled the Anik E-1 satellite and temporarily disabled at least six others.
- The upshot: coronal mass ejections--the spewing out of billions of tons of solar material--and giant flares.
- One telescope aboard SOHO can provide three or four days' warning of major solar events by spotting coronal mass ejections.
News & Articles
- Wired Space Photo of the Day: Hole in the Sun’s Corona
An extensive coronal hole rotated towards Earth over several days last week (May 28-31, 2013). The massive coronal area is one of the largest we have seen in a year or more. Coronal holes are the source of strong solar ...
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Los Angeles Times
Everyone saw all the coronal phenomena. The diamond rings were spectacular. Just before totality, the clouds were just the right thickness that allowed us to see partial phases without filters. All our equipment seems to have worked, so now we... Jay Pasachoff http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Pasachoff&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGaBZ3N13LiJSpd-d22bmARfXJ-zw Science Daily (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090722011637.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEOhpMppC_uEumhf65B7xgLYErXSQ Jul 21, 2009
22485 30157 coronary California is a leader in promoting health and nutrition, and I am pleased to continue that tradition by being the first state in the nation to phase out trans fats," Schwarzenegger said. "Consuming trans fat is linked to coronary heart...