- s marked by calm self-control (especially in trying circumstances); unemotional
stayed coolheaded in the crisis
- Venus Jones is the coolheaded heroine who must keep together a string of interplanetary colonies; her cohorts become happier and more productive if you raise their allowances, make .
- Could His Majesty coolheaded impeder of military coups, tireless inaugurator of schools and hospitals, diplomatic booster of all things Spanish be feeling a little family .
- Starting in 1967, when she arrived in Saigon, the enterprising reporter earned acclaim for her coolheaded front-line chronicles of the carnage, plus her empathic portraits of .
- Wu Yi in 940 News
As to differences and disputes, it is important that China and the US, both being stakeholders and constructive partners, should address them in a coolheaded, objective and responsible way,Wu wrote.
- Hu Jintao in ë™ì•„ì¼ë³´
With only a few days left before North Korea's expected launch of a Taepodong-2 missile, Chinese President Hu Jintao said, "Parties involved should stay coolheaded and avoid action that could further complicate the situation."
- Liang Guanglie in China Daily
While Japan asked China to urge Pyongyang restraint, Liang said "it would be best if the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) did not fire" the rocket, and urged countries such as Japan to "take a coolheaded attitude" on the...