- s affected by involuntary jerky muscular contractions; resembling a spasm
- s resembling a convulsion in being sudden and violent
a convulsive rage
- But Cuaron's movie, a worldwide hit, also serves as a tour through his convulsive homeland.
- It's a convulsive love story daubed in a giddily gaudy palette, with Ewan McGregor as the guy and Nicole Kidman as the gal.
- The rhyme's four bitter lines refer to the rosy mark on the chest of plague victims, the nosegays that people carried thinking to prevent infection, convulsive sneezingand .
News & Articles
- Jon Wertheim: A day later, still trying to make sense of the drama at Wimbledon; mailbag
WIMBLEDON, England -- If the producers of The Hangover franchise were going to torture us with another installment, they would have rolled cameras at Wimbledon. After yesterday's convulsive session -- pick your title: Wimblegeddon, Crash Wednesday, Red Wedding -- there was an inevitable sense of letdown today. Serena Williams looked almost mortal as she advanced with 6-2, 6-3 win over Caroline ...
June 27, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Matthew Parris in The Independent Institute
I don't sniff in the wind in la France profonde (though I begin to in urban Paris) that palpable sense of having reached the end of a road,Parris wrote. "The changes France needs to embrace will be convulsive. The pain will be...
- George Kennan in Foreign Policy In Focus
3 Twenty years later George Kennan added that "Our actions in the field of foreign affairs are the convulsive reactions of politicians to an internal political life dominated by vocal minorities."