contrariwise : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a contrary disobedient manner
- r with the order reversed
- r contrary to expectations; on the contrary, he went out with his friends"
- Promptly the government announced that the Constitution had been approved by 60% of eligible voters, only 5% voting contrariwise.
- Already Americans for Democratic Action demand a $78 billion to $80 billion budget; contrariwise, penny-saving House Appropriations Committee Chairman Clarence Cannon has .
- Continued Comrade Stalin's new and contrariwise directive as announced by Comrade Yakovlev: "It is better to admit openly and honestly that there should be private housekeeping .