- n goods whose importation or exportation or possession is prohibited by law
- s distributed or sold illicitly
- Tennessee's Unauthorized Substances Tax requires anyone in possession of a certain quantity of contraband to buy a tax stamp and affix it to the drug.
- Officials conduct a contraband search during a rare prison-wide lockdown at McNeil Island Correctional Center in McNeil Island, Washington.
- The reason: failure to comply with the state's Unauthorized Substances Tax, which requires anyone in possession of a certain quantity of contraband in the case of marijuana .
News & Articles
- Wash. woman to prison for cigarette trafficking
SEATTLE (AP) — The owner of a Kenmore beauty salon is going to federal prison for selling contraband cigarettes from Vietnam. U.S. District Judge John C. Coughenour also ordered 45-year-old Han Bui to pay about $250,000 in tax penalties and assessments to Washington state.
June 16, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Man gets 15 years in cocaine conspiracy
A cocaine trafficker who attempted to move the contraband from Laredo to Atlanta, Ga., was sentenced to 15 years in prison Friday in federal court in Laredo.
June 15, 2013 - Laredo Morning Times
- Nurse accused of smuggling contraband to a Naples inmate
Collier County Sheriff's deputies arrested a 50-year-old nurse at the Naples Jail Center on Thursday, who is accused of smuggling contraband into an inmate.
June 14, 2013 - WINK TV Southwest Florida
- Vic Toews in Montreal Gazette
Our government is taking further action to disrupt contraband tobacco, which undermines the safety and security of our communities,Toews said in a news release. "The importing, manufacturing and sale of illegal cigarettes has a significant...
- Russ Feingold in International Herald Tribune
If you asked most Americans whether the government has the right to look through their luggage for contraband when they are returning from an overseas trip, they would tell you, 'Yes, the government has that right,' Senator Russ Feingold,...