- s distributed or sold illicitly
- To the black-market money exchanges in Rome's Piazza Colonna, the news came as a profound shock.
- He figures the value of their extralegal property, from cinder-block squatter homes to black-market street-vendor sales, at almost $10 billion.
- The black-market price dropped to 50 piastres by midafternoon.
News & Articles
- Walgreens pays record $80 million settlement for improper drug sales
Walgreens Corp., the nation's largest drugstore chain, agreed Tuesday to pay $80 million in civil penalties to resolve accusations of negligently letting controlled substances such as oxycodone and other prescription pain killers be diverted for abuse and black-market sales. Mark R. Trouville, the special agent in charge of the U.S. ...
June 11, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Meet the world's first Bitcoin baby
Dr. C. Terence Lee, a fertility specialist based in Brea, Calif., flashes a photo of a beaming infant across a projection screen and announces: "This baby was bought with bitcoins." No, this isn't a black-market deal brokered in the Internet's shadowy corners. The child was born thanks to a frozen embryo transfer cycle paid for with bitcoins. Lee says it's the first time he's aware of that ...
June 10, 2013 - Local 6 Orlando
- Black Market for Hair Extensions Is Thriving
The latest consumer good whose high black-market value is driving thefts across the country is not an Apple electronic and it can’t be used to make meth. It's hair extensions! Specifically, the tangle-free Remy human-hair extensions, packs of which come from one donor, often an Indian woman (or, gulp, child). CNN ... More »
June 6, 2013 - New York Magazine