- n someone who is drafted into military service
- v enroll into service compulsorily
The men were conscripted
- She said the conscript was serving with the interior troops unit No.
- There are moments in Hellboy 2: The Golden Army capable of delighting even the most jaded, comic-book-weary summer-blockbuster conscript.
- Just months after it was embarrassed by the defection of a Russian conscript soldier to Georgia, Russia brandished its own military defector, a Georgian officer.
News & Articles
- Norway becomes first NATO country to draft women into military
OSLO (Reuters) - Norway's parliament voted overwhelmingly on Friday to conscript women into its armed forces, becoming the first European and first NATO country to make military service compulsory for both genders. "Rights and duties should be the same for all," said Labor lawmaker Laila Gustavsen, a supporter of the bill. "The armed forces need access to the best resources, regardless of gender ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Mirko Cro Cop in JOE
Most of them were interested in my military service,said the fighter who announced his retirement last week. "I served in 1993-1994 as a conscript, but I was not involved in combat activities."
- George Will in TheRealityCheck.Org
Even George Will complained that the conservative movement "will rapidly disintegrate" if the religious right tries to "conscript the government into sectarian crusades."
- Buffett in The Star-Ledger - NJ.com (blog)
Of Dwight Eisenhower, Buffett said, "He is supported by New Dealers of every shade and hue. He is the candidate of those who would have American boys die as conscript cannon fodder thousands of miles across the oceans."