- n the legislature of the United States government
- n a meeting of elected or appointed representatives
- n a national legislative assembly
- n the act of sexual procreation between a man and a woman; the man's penis is inserted into the woman's vagina and excited until orgasm and ejaculation occur
News & Articles
- Congress provided with counterterrorism document
The intelligence community has provided Congress additional counterterrorism justification for the government's controversial stockpiles of telephone and Internet records.
June 16, 2013 - WJXT Jacksonville
- As Congress Debates Loan Rates, Some Nevada Students Face Mounting Debt
Congress is nearing a deadline to reach a deal to keep rates on some student loans from doubling. If it doesn't act by July 1, Rick Hannu and Manuel Villarreal could be driven further into debt to earn their degrees from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. During
June 15, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Congress Craters in Poll Question That Matters Most
Congress returns next week to face a long Senate slog on immigration, a farm bill competing for the House's attention with going-nowhere-fast abortion restrictions and the lowest level of public confidence Gallup has ever recorded for a bedrock American institution.
June 14, 2013 - CQ Politics
- Barack Obama in FOXNews (blog)
It's unfortunate that at a time when our nation is facing enormous challenges, many in Congress have decided to delay critical nominations for political purposes,he said in a statement.
- Timothy Geithner in AFP
We will closely and regularly monitor the appreciation of the renminbi and will continue to work towards expanded US export opportunities in China that support employment in the United States, in close consultation with Congress,he said.
- Ben Bernanke in Bloomberg
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke told Congress this week that there was a "reasonable prospect" the recession would end in 2009 only "if actions taken by the administration, the Congress and the Federal Reserve are successful in restoring...