- n black-spotted usually dusky-colored fish with reddish fins
- n any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes
- n small short-eared burrowing mammal of rocky uplands of Asia and western North America
- n any of various burrowing animals of the family Leporidae having long ears and short tails; some domesticated and raised for pets or food
News & Articles
- Coney Island’s new roller coaster ‘Thunderbolt’ will debut by 2014 season
Coney Island visitors won’t just have the new Steeplechase Plaza and a Nathan’s hot dog to look forward to next summer. The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) has announced that Coney Island will be adding a new roller coaster to the amusement park for the 2014 season.
June 12, 2013 - WPIX 11 New York
- Coney Island building new Thunderbolt
Coney Island will once again be struck by the excitement of the Thunderbolt. The legendary Thunderbolt roller coaster will be making its return to Coney Island. The new steel version of the ride will stand
June 12, 2013 - ThrillNetwork.com
- Coney Island Is Resurrecting a Legendary Coaster--With a New Twist
Next summer Coney Island is getting back a little bit of its former glory with a familiar roller coaster. Some 14 years after it was demolished, the once famous Thunderbolt coaster is roaring back onto the boardwalk at 65 miles per hour. Read more...
June 11, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Michael Bloomberg in Washington Post
Bloomberg, however, said in June that he hoped the experiment "will become as much a part of the New York experience as strolling the Coney Island boardwalk, participating in the five-borough bike tour, or listening to the Philharmonic in the park."
- Marty Markowitz in International Herald Tribune
...Rocket will join the Cyclone, the Wonder Wheel and the Parachute Jump as permanent symbols of what Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz on Wednesday called "the Coney Island of the 21st century, a modern mecca of freakishness,...
- Bob McKillop in KSL-TV
This is the most challenging, taxing, trying, but exhilarating experience you can have,Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. "This is the Cyclone at Coney Island, this is the Fun House at Coney Island, this is the Wild Mouse at Coney Island...