concave : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Koilonychia is an abnormal shape of the fingernail where the nail has raised ridges and is thin and concave.
- Saramago, who is 84, is an austere man, extremely tall and so lean that he is practically concave.
- Automated perimetry: You sit in front of a concave dome and stare at an object in the middle.
News & Articles
- Plano-Concave Axicons suit laser material processing.
Featuring one concave conical surface and one plano surface, Plano-Concave Axicons are used in laser material processing to create ring-shaped image along optical axis and non-diffractive approximation of Bessel beam. Units are available in twelve 25.4 mm diameter models with apex angles of 90, 130, 140, 160, 170, or 175°, and either VIS 0° or NIR I coating. When Plano-Concave Axicons are used ...
June 17, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Aldo Costa in Fullboost
All the aerodynamic surfaces have been completely updated,explains Aldo Costa, Ferrari Technical Director. "The body is more concave, the engine cover has a different profile to improve the efficiency and resolve some problems we had on...
- Vladimir Nabokov in CNET News.com
Author Vladimir Nabokov said in a 1969 New York Times interview that "there should exist a special typographical sign for a smile--some sort of concave mark, a supine round bracket."
- Elizabeth Taylor in Sify
My body's a real mess. If you look at it in the mirror, it's just completely convex and concave,Taylor said.