compile : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v get or gather together
- v put together out of existing material
compile a list
- v use a computer program to translate source code written in a particular programming language into computer-readable machine code that can be executed
- Should the class compile a list of "must-include" items together, then assign individuals to write each? Or, should individual students simply submit one review each of a place .
- FOR years, television viewers, journalists who write about TV and services that compile listings have wondered how to refer to a certain cable network: Sci Fi Channel? Sci-Fi .
- The federal No Child Left Behind Act requires states to compile annual lists of persistently dangerous schools but leaves it to each state to define the term.
News & Articles
- Business Casual: Several contractors supporting NSA snooping have South Bay presence
After last week's revelations that our government has been secretly collecting information on millions of Americans who use a phone to make calls as well as many Internet users, some of the focus has fallen on contractors that help our spy agencies compile data on us.
June 14, 2013 - Daily Breeze
- New northwest Oregon tsunami maps show less high ground for refuge than thought
Oregon geology experts use laser-based remote sensing technology to compile new maps that show what areas would be safe during the most severe tsunamis. The new maps show fewer areas for refuge in the worst-case scenarios.
June 13, 2013 - The Oregonian
- San Antonio’s Homeless Registry Unveiled
Through the collaborated efforts of 100,000 Homes Campaign, Got Your 6, and dedicated partners, San Antonio hopes to end homelessness among vulnerable San Antonio residents, including veterans. This week more than 100 volunteers hit the streets of San Antonio to compile a registry of the Alamo City’s homeless. According to compelling data cited on Thursday by Jake Maguire (above), from the 100 ...
June 13, 2013 - San Antonio Current
- Naoto Kan in Toronto Sun
With all of you, I would first would like to compile firm policies or plans to rebuild Japan......ahead of the upper house election,Kan said in his acceptance speech before leaving the stage and pumping his fist in the air.
- Denise Donlon in Hour.ca
We're excited about the new president and we want him to be excited about us, so we're asking our audience to help compile the list of our most definitive Canadian songs,said Denise Donlon, executive director of English Radio, in a statement.
- Kyle Wright in SportingNews.com
When you break it down in wins and losses, I guess you do compile a resume,Wright said. "But I'm just worried about going out and getting a win -- nothing for myself or for my resume or anything like that. I think it'll be a great team win...