- n the trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose
a man of energy and commitment
- n the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action
his long commitment to public service
- n an engagement by contract involving financial obligation
his business commitments took him to London
- n a message that makes a pledge
- n the official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital)
- Gordon Brown in AFP
British prime minister Brown said: "This tragedy reinforces our commitment to confront terrorism. It strengthens our determination never to concede to the demands of terrorists, nor to pay ransoms."
- John McCain in Dallas Morning News
I want to emphasize what a number of our country's leaders recently affirmed - that our commitment to Afghanistan is an enduring one and that we are committed to a sustained effort to help the people of this country over the long-term. Neither you... David Petraeus http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Petraeus&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFjHEm6jiWNJZUKMDq-DzdIyN3nNw NATO Training Mission-Afghanistan (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ntm-a.com/news/1-categorynews/1039-gen-petraeus-assumes-command-of-isaf-&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH0Vo3V19ad2Ze_npBo1yD90_JXwg Jul 4, 2010
19967 27751 commitment For those who doubt the president's desire and commitment to succeed in Afghanistan, his nomination of General Petraeus to run this war should cause them to think twice," said Sen. John McCain, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services...