- n the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action
- n the loyalty that citizens owe to their country (or subjects to their sovereign)
- Intent on driving out of the Irish Free State the oath of allegiance to King George, President Eamon de Valera was heartened last week by news that in London the House of Commons .
- Ortensia Ontiveros, of Tinley Park, Illinois, joins other home-schooled children for the morning recitation of the pledge of allegiance.
- Some believe Putin's KGB background explains everything, but his allegiance to the KGB is in turn explained by his intense nationalism which accounts for his popularity in .
News & Articles
- York selectmen should say Pledge of Allegiance
On June 11, as reported by the Portsmouth Herald, Ron Nowell, in my opinion, completely disgraced himself at the Board of Selectmen meeting held Monday, June 10, in York, Maine, by stating it was no longer necessary to say the Pledge of Allegiance at...
June 15, 2013 - Portsmouth Herald
- Chester Heights observes moment of silence for lost friends
Observing a moment of silence and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance are routinely done prior to every Chester Heights Borough council meeting. But the moment of remembrance at the June 3 meeting was especially heartfelt, as two beloved local men -- one of great age and one of great youth -- were recalled.
June 15, 2013 - Garnet Valley Press
- Allegiance Capital Corporation Acquires EquiCap Partners, LLC - Acquisition Brings Together M&A Leaders with More Than ...
Allegiance Capital Corporation, has acquired EquiCap Partners, LLC, another Dallas-based, private, M&A investment banking firm. The acquisition will create one of the most experienced, private company, M&A firms in the nation with more than three decades of leadership experience selling and financing middle market companies. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com ...
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Barack Obama in Guardian Unlimited
I've been to the same church - the same Christian church - for almost 20 years,Obama said at a South Carolina rally. "I was sworn in with my hand on the family Bible. Whenever I'm in the United States Senate, I pledge allegiance to the...
- Osama bin Laden in Forbes
Failure to give allegiance to the emir after he has been endorsed leads to great evils,bin Laden warned. "Emir Abu Omar would rather have his neck severed than betray the Muslims ...... Emir Abu Omar and his brothers are not one of those...
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
It's hard to argue that Al Qaeda in Iraq is separate from bin Laden's Al Qaeda when the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq took an oath of allegiance to Osama bin Laden,Bush said, referring to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the Iraq group's leader, who was...