coin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a flat metal piece (usually a disc) used as money
- v make up
coin phrases or words
- v form by stamping, punching, or printing
- The front and back designs for the coins, the first long-running series of United States coins devoted to women, were presented at the National First Ladies Library in Canton .
- A judge ruled that the government must either return some rare coins to a family or prove that they were stolen.
- Corn, beans and squash the three sisters of Native American agricultural tradition will appear on the nations one-dollar coins next year.
News & Articles
- Hall of Fame coin bid picks up support
The Pro Football Hall of Fame's push for a commemorative coin marking the Hall's 50th anniversary is picking up key support in U.S. Senate.
June 14, 2013 - News Channel 5 Cleveland
- Coin to honor border patrol agent killed in line of duty
TUCSON - A coin is being offered for sale in honor of Border Patrol Agent Brian A. Terry, killed in the line of duty. Offered by the Border Narcotics Intelligence, it is called the 'Challenge Coin' and all profits will go to the Brian Terry Foundation.
June 13, 2013 - KVOA Tucson
- Gold Coin Web Site Publishes 2014 Edition of Gold Coin Buyer’s Guide
The latest version of GoldCoin.net’s gold coin magazine contains photos, historical price charts and the latest news and trends in the gold coin market. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10830992.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Herbie Hancock in Inquirer.net
This is a new day that proves that the impossible can be made possible. 'Yes we can,' to coin a phrase,Hancock said, to loud applause, borrowing the campaign chant from Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama.
- Mark Cavendish in AFP
One one side of the coin you get the positives from that (success) and your feet lift off the ground and you kind of float on a cloud,he added. "I learned a big lesson not to get on that cloud. People pulled me and I came down very, very...
- Luis Gutierrez in International Herald Tribune
Keeping the coin content means "contributing to our national debt by almost as much as the coin is worth," Gutierrez said.