cognitive : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or being or relating to or involving cognition
- Cognitive senses of a person allows him to feel and enjoy the world around him.
- “Being overweight in midlife is associated with lower cognitive ability and steeper cognitive decline in late life.” Journal of Gerontology 65A: 57-62.
- According to a new study, years of reading may help a brain develop what doctors call cognitive reserve.
News & Articles
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Geriatric Psychiatry
Does your older patient have the cognitive ability to manage his or her own life? Can he pay his bills? Can she safely drive a car? In this video, Rajesh Tampi, MD, outlines key steps involved in a thorough and thoughtful capacity evaluation.
June 17, 2013 - Psychiatric Times
- Lawyer says woman hit during Miguel Billboard performance suffering cognitive issues
LOS ANGELES — The lawyer for a woman who Miguel landed on during a leap while performing at the Billboard Music Awards says his client continues to suffer cognitive difficulties and hasn't received any help from the R&B artist.
June 15, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Cognitive behavior therapy or drugs for patients with depression? A brain scan could tell
A biomarker could cut the trial-and-error of finding a patient's best therapy. A brain scan could one day help doctors prescribe the best treatment to patients with major depressive disorder. In JAMA Psychiatry on Wednesday, researchers describe how a PET scan can reveal whether a patient will respond better to drugs or cognitive behavior therapy. [...]
June 14, 2013 - MedCity News
- Bill Parcells in Forbes
He drove that first pass to Terry (Glenn), the long one down the sideline. If he puts a little air under that, then we have a chance to score right there,Parcells said. "There are things that happen out there that people aren't cognitive...
- Fred Fielding in San Francisco Chronicle
I asked the doctor, `If he can read the letter and answer questions about it, would that be a test of his cognitive ability?'Fielding said. "The doctor said `Yeah.'"
- Thomas Sowell in AFP
We know that alcohol exposure is toxic to the developing fetus and can result in lifelong brain, cognitive and behavioral problems,said Sowell, whose study appears in Wednesday's issue of The Journal of Neuroscience. "In this study, we...