- n the act of grasping
- n a tense critical situation
he is a good man in the clutch
- n a number of birds hatched at the same time
- n a collection of things or persons to be handled together
- n a woman's strapless purse that is carried in the hand
- n a pedal or lever that engages or disengages a rotating shaft and a driving mechanism
he smoothely released the clutch with one foot and stepped on the gas with the other
- n a coupling that connects or disconnects driving and driven parts of a driving mechanism
this year's model has an improved clutch
- v take hold of; grab
She clutched her purse
- v hold firmly, usually with one's hands
She clutched my arm when she got scared
- v affect
News & Articles
- Ranking the 5 Most Clutch Players in Orange History
There's nothing like a game-winning shot at the buzzer in college basketball, but you need a player with ice in his veins to hit a clutch shot like that. Luckily for Syracuse fans, the Orange have had a ton of clutch players over the years. Whenever the Orange need a big shot, they have someone to rely on, and a few guys have proven that they can always be relied on in the final minute. Let's ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Win It! A Clutch from the Kate Hudson Capsule Collection for Ann Taylor
“Extra” is giving a clutch from Kate Hudson’s collection to one lucky friend.
June 10, 2013 - Extra TV
- Paul Goldschmidt and hitting in the clutch
So Paul Goldschmidt's "clutch" credentials so far are pretty spectacular: He's hitting .431 and slugging .914 with runners in scoring position. He has four go-ahead homers in the eighth or later, most in the majors, including this three-run homer with two outs in the eighth on Friday against the Giants. (Why Goldschmidt was allowed to face a left-hander there is another discussion). He's hitting ...
June 10, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Terry Francona in Forbes
It was a great swing, but part of the reason he got a chance to swing is David is such a good hitter, such a clutch hitter,Francona said. "That's why you want to have as many good hitters as you can, so they can't pitch around people."
- Nick Clegg in guardian.co.uk
Nick Clegg, the Lib Dem leader, said: "A secret inquiry, conducted by a clutch of grandees hand picked by the prime minister, is not what Britain needs."
- Brian Sabean in Houston Chronicle
He is a complete player on both sides of the ball, a clutch performer and a winner,Giants general manager Brian Sabean said in a statement Thursday announcing the deal. "He has the hardware to show it with the awards he has garnered and a...