- v make clear and (more) comprehensible
clarify the mystery surrounding her death
- v make clear by removing impurities or solids, as by heating
clarify the butter
- Elle Macpherson in The Press Association
However, a statement issued on her behalf today said: "Following comments made in a newspaper article, Elle Macpherson would like to clarify that, whilst she has great respect for Chinese medicine, she is also fundamentally opposed to any activity...
- Andrew Symonds in The Australian
It's been reported I was involved in a pub fight on Sunday night. I would just like to take the opportunity to clarify this report,Symonds said in a statement released through Queensland Cricket tonight.
- Mohamed ElBaradei in Reuters
I urge Iran to be as active and cooperative as possible in working with the agency to clarify this matter of serious concern,ElBaradei told the 35-nation policy-making board of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).