clam : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud; the shell closes with viselike firmness
- n a piece of paper money worth one dollar
- n flesh of either hard-shell or soft-shell clams
- v gather clams, by digging in the sand by the ocean
News & Articles
- Hit, run kills man in wheelchair
A wheelchair-bound 65-year-old Somerset man his neighbors called a friend to all was killed by a hit-and-run driver late Friday night after coming back from a clam bake. James Moore was apparently struck and knocked out of his motorized wheelchair. He was pronounced dead yesterday morning at Charlton Memorial Hospital. Neighbors and friends said they will always remember Moore as a kind ...
June 16, 2013 - Boston Herald
- VFW to host clam bake, chicken barbecue
TOWNSEND -- Townsend VFW Post 6538, its Ladies Auxiliary and Men's Auxiliary will hold their annual clambake and chicken barbecue at the 491 Main St.
June 14, 2013 - Townsend Times
- Mountain Lakes PBA Clam & Jam is Saturday
MOUNTAIN LAKES _ The fourth annual Clam & Jam, sponsored by the Mountain Lakes Policemen Benevolent union 310, will be held from noon to 5 p.m., Saturday, June 15 at Germania Park, Conger Street,
June 11, 2013 - The Citizen of Morris County
- Lucas Glover in International Herald Tribune
I've been a pain at home, (that) would be fair,Glover said. "But I take it out on myself and kind of clam up in my own little shell."
- Tony Gwynn in Houston Chronicle
We'll have some growing pains early, I'm sure,Gwynn said. "But when you have that many new guys, you've got to try to stay clam, stay focused, because they're going to make some mistakes. But all in all, I think it's more the kind of club...
- Drew Barrymore in Contactmusic.com
Barrymore says, "He's so cute. And I knew him when he was a kid. He was in Empire of the Sun. If he walked into the room now, I would totally clam up. Or I might go overboard and embarrass myself."